DO YOU HAVE A CAT OR A DOG? THIS IS HOW YOU CLEAN A HOUSE WITH PETS
With these simple tips, All Pro Commercial Cleaning will help you to better clean your home.
Pets give us their unconditional affection and love. But in the ‘pack’ they also include hairs, smells and some other inconvenience (very few, actually). Try these tricks to keep your house clean, and enjoy your furry!
Enjoying a clean house in which a fresh environment is breathed, while enjoying your pets and allowing them to roam freely, is possible if you maintain good hygiene in the animal and the cleanliness of your house ready. And it is that those of us who love pets have to deal with the aromas that they emanate.
Having a house that smells clean and living with animals is not always easy. And is that our little furry, when they come from the street, they bring dust, dirt, fluff and dirt in general. Therefore, no matter how neat you are, sometimes you will feel that your house does not smell good.
But all is not lost, we have several tips with which you will get a fresh atmosphere in your home and that allows you to continue enjoying your furry companions in life.
HOW TO KEEP A CLEAN HOUSE WITH A DOG OR A CAT
First of all, we must make it clear that the body odor of dogs is much stronger than that of any other companion animal, and there are also breeds that smell more than others. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with its aromas, since there are viral diseases that produce more odor and it is convenient to attend to it in time.
There are also several things you can do to keep your home and your pet clean. And these tips are useful for cleaning a house with cats, dogs or any other pet:
- Clean carpets frequently: pay special attention to their care. Vacuum every two days to remove hair and odor-causing dirt. Once every fifteen days, brush them with a mixture of mild soap and water or vinegar.
- Control the color with anti-odor candles: there are anti-odor candles specially designed to combat doggy aromas. You can turn it on daily for a little while while you enjoy your sofa and blanket moment.
- Antibacterial beds: the world of products for pets has grown so much that you can find special antibacterial beds. They are undoubtedly a good idea to keep some odor causes at bay. There are great cat furniture that will help you in the care of your pet.
- If you let them climb on the bed or on the chairs, keep in mind that you will have to shake these surfaces every day to remove the remains of hair. In addition, once a week perform a more thorough cleaning by washing the bedding and armchairs.
- Your diet matters too. In addition to paying attention to the cleanliness of your home and that of your pet, look at the quality of the food you give it, try to make it as natural and healthy as possible. This will facilitate that their digestions are good and that the odors diminish.
- How often to wash my dog’s or cat’s bed: every 15 days wash their blankets, their bed and even the toys that your pet uses. Bacteria, slime, remains of hair and dirt that can be brought from the street accumulate there.
- Ventilate daily: good ventilation is essential, so open the windows wide every morning. It does not matter if it is cold or hot, with 5 minutes it will be more than enough to recycle the air and that the bad smells come out.
- How often to bathe my dog: it is true that it is not advisable to bathe dogs too often, but it must be done on average once a month (it depends on the breed and how delicate their skin is). Brush them once a week to remove hair and dead skin, brush their teeth, or give them special treats to clean.
- How to clean cat hair in my house: use either a damp towel or a hair remover roller and roll it up and down. If there are a lot of hairs, it is better to pass a hair remover glove first (the rubber scrubbers from the kitchen also work). Duct tape will also help, as will a stocking: put it on your hand and run it over the garment. That way it will catch the hairs that have remained attached.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE SO THAT IT DOES NOT SMELL OF DOG OR CAT
YOUR ALLY, THE APPLE VINEGAR
It turns out that vinegar is a powerful cleaner, disinfectant and absorbs bad smells that it gives taste. One trick is to add a cup of vinegar to the shampoo you use to bathe your dog. When you wash it, wipe it with a towel vigorously to dry it and avoid going outside until it is completely dry, otherwise it will be impregnated with bad odors and it will not be worth the bath. As a plus we will tell you that it will also add an extra shine to your pet’s hair.
But that’s not all, the magic of vinegar also reaches the cleaning of furniture and surfaces, ideal for caring for wood and leaving floors like jets of gold, so a little plug in the bucket before mopping and another in the washing machine … yes, as you hear it, the clothes will be odor free and we promise you that the vinegar smell will also disappear.
AVOID DOG ODORS WITH SODIUM BICARBONATE
If you are wondering how to clean the house so that it does not smell like a dog, there is a product that absorbs odors: it is bicarbonate. Spread a little of it every night in the places where your pet is most used to being, the next morning shake the surfaces where you dusted it or vacuum.
INVEST IN AN AIR PURIFIER
It may not be the cheapest measure, but without a doubt it is the one with which you will most notice how the air is renewed. A good air purifier, not only helps you with bad scents, it will also cause some unhelpful substances that circulate in the air, to be eliminated and your health will notice it. People with allergies feel great.
It is not about hiding the smell with stronger ones, the result can be quite unpleasant and your pituitary will scream for a breath. Therefore, we do not recommend that you use artificial deodorants. However, there are some recipes to make natural air fresheners that will be of great help in some spaces. Like for example, this one:
Mix 2 cups of water with a half cup of lemon juice and another half cup of baking soda in a spray bottle. Spray the rugs and armchairs with this mixture and enjoy the fresh scent of citrus.
SAY GOODBYE TO PEE ON CARPETS AND FLOORS
With these tricks you will remove the remains of urine from carpets and any type of floor. Follow this step by step:
Dry the surface where you have “said thanks” with paper towels. This way you can absorb as much urine as possible and make the process easier.
Mix three parts vinegar with one part water and soak the dirty area
Dry the area again with paper towels.
Add a little baking soda to the dry surface to absorb the odor.
Mix a splash of hydrogen peroxide with dish detergent and sprinkle it over the baking soda. If it is a carpet, you can rub with a brush until you see that the mixture reacts and bubbles come out (make sure it does not discolor by testing in a corner).
Vacuum to remove debris.