Post-disaster clean-up service in Orlando
People in the southern United States, especially Florida, could be exposed to mold hazards when cleaning their homes after hurricanes. People can eliminate mold and protect themselves and their family by taking some basic precautions, however if you are in Orlando, All Pro Commercial Cleaning does that job for you, keeping your family away from the hazards of mold.
You should assume mold is present if your home was flooded during hurricane-generated storms and failed to dry in 48 hours. The same goes for furniture or household items that have been soaked by flooding or heavy rain. Stagnant water and wet materials are fertile ground for mold.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
What to do?
In such cases, you should thoroughly dry everything, clean the mold, and make sure you have fixed the moisture problem.
People with respiratory problems, such as asthma, or who have a weakened immune system should stay out of moldy places. Children should not be involved in clean-up work after a disaster.
The basic rule of thumb is that if you can see or smell mold or organic waste, you should take steps to remove excess moisture. Begin cleaning by following the tips below:
- Wear personal protective equipment: at least an N-95 mask, boots, goggles, and rubber gloves.
- Remove standing water and wet materials. Use a wet vacuum to remove water from floors, carpets, and hard surfaces. Dry your home and everything in it as soon as possible.
- Open all doors and windows when you are working and when you leave, leave as many open as possible, if it is safe to do so.
- Open interior doors to allow air to flow through all areas. Remove the doors from the hinges if necessary.
- Open kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity doors; Take out the drawers, wipe them clean and put them to dry.
- Open the attic access panel to let air flow. Before opening the attic door, make sure nothing is going to fall on you.
- When electricity is safe to use, use fans and dehumidifiers to remove moisture. Do not use fans if mold has already started to grow, fans could spread mold.
- Clean with water and detergent. Remove any mold you see. Dry right away.
- If you use cleaning products, do not mix different cleaning products. DO NOT MIX bleach with ammonia as toxic fumes can be created. If you are using bleach, use no more than one cup of household bleach per gallon of water.
- Painting or caulking over mold will not prevent mold from growing. Resolve the problem with water first and clean up any mold before painting or using a sealer.
- Throw away items that you cannot clean and dry. Throw away anything that has been wet from the floods and cannot be completely cleaned and dried within 24 to 48 hours. If you have valuables that you want to keep, follow these Institute guides
All Pro Commercial Cleaning Orlando goal is to be recognized as a trusted commercial and office cleaning services provider.
We are transparent, open and honest with our process, with more than 15 years of knowledge and experience, and constantly striving to improve. Our customer-oriented approach sets us apart ensuring we provide the best quality and value in the central Florida region, Call Us